Ramadan Mubarak! We are very blessed that Ramadan 2021 is upon us. It’s the most perfect time to reflect, grow and connect to our faith on a deeper level.
Breakfast is the most important meal of the day when it comes to Ramadan we call it Suhur, a meal that we consume very early in the morning that is supposed to sustain us for the remainder of our daily fast up until sunset. In this blog post we want to share with you 4 Healthy Suhur Ideas and Recipes that you can try out this Ramadan.
The truth is good quality nutritious food will always give you the best quality fuel for your body. What you eat during Suhur can greatly affect how you feel throughout the day. During Ramadan it is more important than ever to stick to a well-balanced diet to give the body the nutrients it needs to keep up with the busy lives we lead in the 21st century.
If you’re someone who sleeps in up until the very last moment this quick, easy and nutritious recipe is definitely for you.
- 1 Banana
- 1/4 Cup of oats
- 4 Dates
- 1 Cup Milk of your Choice
- 1 Scoop of Protein Powder of your choice
- 1/4 Cup of Almonds
Add all the ingredients to a blender and blend away until the consistency is smooth.
Easy peasy. Don’t forget to drink plenty of water after you enjoy your Suhur smoothie.
If you’re someone who loves to plan and prepare for the day ahead the night before. This delicious breakfast frittata recipe is for you.
- 5 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk of your choice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- A pinch of black pepper
- 1 cup red capsicum, diced
- 1/2 cup onions
- 1 cup tomato, diced
- 2 cups spinach
- 1/2 cup feta cheese
- 20 g Butter
- Preheat oven to 180°C
- In a bowl, whisk the eggs, add milk of your choice, salt, and pepper.
- In a pan, cook diced onions in butter until translucent, then add capsicum and cook for a few minutes.
- Add oregano to the veggies and season with salt and paper to taste.
- Add tomatoes and spinach, and cook for a couple minutes until spinach is wilted.
- Transfer the veggies to an oven-safe dish.
- Add the egg and milk mixture, mix well and top it up with feta cheese.
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until the eggs are cooked through.
This frittata recipe will feed a family of 4 or it can feed you for 4 Suhurs. You can split the frittata into portions and freeze them for an easy Suhur down the line.
Don’t forget to drink plenty of water after you enjoy your Suhur Frittata.
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- A pinch of salt
- 1 cup milk of your choice
- 1 large banana, 1/2 mashed and 1/2 sliced.
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds (alternatives: pumpkin or sunflower seeds)
- 1 teaspoon honey (alternatives: date syrup, rice malt syrup or maple syrup)
- Combine rolled oats, milk, mashed banana, cinnamon and sweetener of your choice in a small pot.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat and stir every now and then to prevent the mixture sticking to a pot.
- Once thickened take the pot off the heat.
- Add sliced banana, seeds of your choice and a cinnamon sprinkle on top.
You can either eat it hot right there and then, or refrigerate it overnight to save preparation time before Suhur the next day.
Don’t forget to drink plenty of water after you enjoy your Suhur oatmeal.
You can never go wrong with an avocado toast! It requires minimum prep and it is certainly nutritious and delicious.
- 2 slices of whole-grain bread
- 1 ripe avocado
- Pinch of salt and pepper
The rest is up to your imagination!
- Smoked Salmon
- Poached, Fried or Boiled Eggs
- Sliced Tomatoes
- Sweet Corn
- Aioli or Mayonnaise
- Feta or Goat Cheese
- Seeds (sesame, pumpkin or sunflower)
- Diced Capsicum
- Spring onion
- Toast slices of bread until golden.
- Cut the avocado in half and remove the pit.
- Use a big spoon to scoop out the flesh and spread it evenly on the toasted slices of bread.
- Season with salt and pepper
- Add your favourite toppings.
Highly recommend adding both veggies and a protein to your toast with a sprinkle of seeds to get as many nutrients as possible for your Suhur.
Don’t forget to drink plenty of water after you enjoy your Suhur avocado toast.
When you try out any of our recipes, don’t forget to snap a picture and tag us on Instagram @fitgenerationapparel.